Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Amrita Singh East Hampton earrings


While getting a pedicure recently, I was flipping through the salon's copy of Life & Style magazine when I saw a photo of Amrita Singh's East Hampton Earrings. The magazine blurb announced that the earrings would be available for half of their regular $100 price as part of QVC's Super Saturday to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
I immediately thought the earrings, which are apparently a celebrity and press favorite, were stunning in the turquoise color (above). I'm not much of a QVC shopper, but I loved the idea of getting them for half price and that some of the proceeds would benefit a non-profit. Truth be told, I was unable to purchase them from QVC because the limited quantity of earrings in this color quickly sold out and they were available only as part of a wait list. Fortunately, I went to www.amritasingh.com and that day the earrings were not only available, but for the same $50 price.

I love these earrings and can't wait to wear them! I think the photo above is an accurate depiction of how the earrings look in real life. I was, however, disappointed with the packaging because I thought that the plastic pouch and the simplistic plastic earring holder made them look cheap.  A velvet pouch or velvet box would have looked much classier.  Still happy with my purchase though!

No comments:

Post a Comment