Saturday, March 9, 2013

Target skirts resemble J. Crew prints

A big big thanks to Fabulous Florida Mommy for her regular blog feature,  "You Look Familiar... Have I Seen You Some Place Before?" I instantly fell in love with this skirt from Target that resembles J. Crew Porcelain Paisley Skirt from 2012.  I had regrets last year about not buying that skirt. However, I must admit that I had passed on several opportunities to buy it because of the high price and the material (it is the kind that snags.) The Target version is a more machine-wash friendly material AND it is lined! Plus, you can't go wrong for $22.99.



Given the great price, I also wanted the navy blue polka dot version, which is the same style and brand (Merona). I had seen this skirt in J. Crew Factory but I never fell in love with it -- maybe because it wasn't lined. Skirt lining is not a 'deal breaker' for me when it comes to skirts, but again, I just didn't love J. Crew's version. This polka dot skirt was also $22.99. Actually, it was even less for me because Target had sent coupons in the mail giving me $5 off a $35 apparel purchase plus I took advantage of the 5% off total using the Target card. I'm pretty excited about these skirts. If all this snow in New Jersey melts away soon, I might get to debut one of the skirts next week with a bright colored top (I'm thinking hot pink, coral orange, or almost neon yellow.)

If you like either of these skirts, I would advise you to act fast. They are not available online and the store I went to had a limited size selection on the rack.

Have you bought any great apparel purchases from Target lately? What do you think of these two skirts?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the head's up on these skirts! Headed to Target now............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as I do! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I've been really impressed by target in these recent months. They've really stepped up their game in the fashion dept and it just seems to be getting better and better each season. I'm not surprised they're getting more j. Crew like pieces. It's a great direction for them simple pieces in great prints that appeal to the masses but at a much more affordable price. Great finds love! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- always find something at Target --- from clothes, to home, to food! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the lovely mention, TC! The skirts look adorable, and I quite like the Target version of the Porcelain paisley better than the J.Crew original. Congratulations on getting such a fantastic deal on them too! Enjoy your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! You are terrific at blogging and it is a wealth of information. Keep up the great work!

      Delete