Monday, March 4, 2013

Shopping the closet (and the mall a little!)

I'm proud of myself that for the MOST part I have kept my New Years Resolution to "shop my closet" more --- at least for the first few months of the new year -- and keep new spending purchases at a minimum. While I LOVE to see my favorite bloggers' newest acquisitions, I am also reminded of my resolution by other (favorite) bloggers that are committed to "shopping their closet." This ought to explain my lack of posts. I don't post "outfits of the day" because I teach high school students and apparently have a lot of fans enjoy maintaining some privacy. That said, here are two recent purchases inspired (as usual) by other bloggers.

I bought the parrot tank from LOFT during an extra 50-percent off sale. Score! I loved seeing it on Mix and Match.

I also bought my third pair of Steve Madden Intyce Boots. I own these in cognac and stone leather and ... what can I say? I've been pleased with both purchases. Black seemed like a logical next choice. I began to want the boots after seeing them on Colorful Corporate. I must admit, however, it was a tough decision. I already own Burberry wellies in black, Uggs in black, and Frye motorcycle harness boots in black. I rationalized that I didn't have any black with gold accents boots and also there was a 30-off sale at Steve Madden.


Do you own these items? What are your thoughts? Have you bought a new pair of boots this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment