Friday, December 6, 2013

T'is the Season (for great sales)

I've posted before about my conflicting feelings with regards to shopping holiday sales ... for myself. My husband firmly believes that any shopping this time of year has to be for someone else. I disagree. It's hard to ignore the best markdowns of the year for items that I really want or can use.

With all that said, I bought some items at J. Crew and J. Crew Factory this past week. Total spent: $75.


First I bought the Funny Birds tee. I liked the print immediately when I saw it in store. I thought that I would end up buying the blue boy shirt version of the print, but wasn't willing to pay the ridiculously high price. (Note: the boy shirt is on the sale rack, but even at 40 percent off I feel the price is too high. Also don't need another blue button down shirt.) I am happy with the gray shirt version.


At the Factory, I bought the Fair Isle sweater (which looks like the Farmyard sweater from retail minus the animals.) I actually bought the sweater so I would have one for an "ugly sweater" party even though I don't think the sweater is terribly ugly. With sale and promotions I paid less than $25 for it.

I also bought a pair of cabernet Matchstick cords and a red currant tissue turtleneck, and a red Clare (aka Jackie) cardigan. All three items were on the sale rack, and all three items were reddish-colored "holiday" pieces that I was looking for.

Have you bought any of these items? What are your thoughts on holiday shopping for yourself? Love to read your comments!





1 comment: