Monday, July 30, 2012

Linen goodness (Banana Republic)

I have never been a big fan of linen until recently. It wrinkles easily and some blends can feel "scratchy." However, this year I am finding that the linen products from my favorite stores are changing my opinion. In my last post, I mentioned that I bought the voltage blue linen chambray shirt from Banana Republic. I had previously also bought these shirts from the same store.




The linen chambray shirt in Jade is just gorgeous! I also bought the striped khaki version of the shirt. I had to size up in this shirt due to tight fitting in the chest area but I love the way it looks both buttoned up and opened with a tank underneath. I can wear these with shorts or linen pants. I think linen can be worn in the spring and summer, and even for early fall.

2 comments:

  1. I've looked all over for good chambray shirts and I guess I was being picky because I didn't want to pay J.Crew's prices but I thought the lower-end retail version (Old Navy, Target) looked really cheap. I was so happy when I found these at Banana Republic! The blue is the best blue chambray color I have seen! I also loved the jade but found the apricot more flattering to my skin tone. They do run small though, as least through the chest area, for me. I had to size up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is my one complaint! These shirts definitely run small in the chest. And many reviewers on BR.com also said the same thing.

      Delete