Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Break splurge! Michael Kors bag!

So I had to take advantage of a great deal on a bag I've been coveting. I immediately loved the Michael Kors Jet Set Medium Tote. I was searching for a black with gold accents bag and Michael Kors seemed like a good brand to shop. I initially considered the Michael Kors Astrid Satchel, as seen frequently on Mix & Match Fashion. I also considered the Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo Bag, frequently seen on Ruffles and Sequins.



In the end I decided to stick with what works best for me. The Michael Kors tote that I bought is remarkably similar in design, quality, and durability to the Louis Vuitton Neverfull. At the risk of sounding like an LV snob, I own a few LV items, including three bags. My LV bags are my "go to" bags -- I saved up a lon-nnng time for each of them, and I have certainly made up for the lofty price tag based on "cost per wear" (which I fully believe in. ) Still, after several years of wearing my timeless LV bags, I really wanted a black bag that could work as a work-to-weekend bag. This one was perfect! To get a modest discount on the retail price helped set this splurge into motion.

I have been super happy with this purchase! Also, I think that being a little tight with my purchases lately has helped to make it more "special" and enjoyable.

5 comments:

  1. This bag is amazing. I've been considering a new tote and this ones on the list. So tired of my diaper bag, you may have pushed me over the edge with this post raving about it. XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see this being used as a diaper bag. They make this bag in other smaller and larger sizes, and in other colors and materials!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Ha...great minds think alike! Guess what? I took a couple of days off last week while my son was at home for spring break and.....purchased a Michael Kors handbag! :o) I got the Hamilton...and the leather is like "butta". It'll have to wait but I've also got my eye on the MK Selma...it's very "Celine-ish". :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only getting in Michael Kors within the last year or two. First I fell in love with the watches -- I have two. Then I picked up a bag from Marshall's that I really liked. But this bag is by far better!

      I just looked up the Selma --- it is gorgeous! Have you posted a photo of you wearing it on your blog yet?

      Delete
    2. Isn't she a beauty?! and it comes it such great colors!
      I haven't posted a pic of my bag yet. I'll add that to the to-do list. :o)

      Delete