Thursday, November 10, 2011

What I Bought Today

Welcome to my new blog: What I Bought Today. Consider this confessions of a shopaholic with a penchant for shopping sales. The plan is to post my purchases which can range from weekly to daily, and provide some insight on the product as well as the price.

Today was the start of the GAP Friends and Family Sale, so early this morning, I purchased the ginger spice solid scarf (which I had been coveting for weeks.) As if by fate, it suddenly reappeared on the GAP website, as their items often do. I had been looking for this scarf for weeks so the timing was perfect! The regular price is $29.95 but GAP is offering a 40 pct discount for GAP Card holders.

With the F&F sale going on, I decided that a trip to GAP was worthwhile. I was able to buy two different colors of the GAP BODY cowl neck tunic for $10 each. (Regular price $29.95). They run small but I love the look so I ordered a larger size than usual. The trip to the store was worth it since the tunic is sold out on line.

I also picked up the GAP cozy plaid scarf, which seems to be a seasonal bestseller for GAP. Regularly $29.95 but 40 off with coupon.



Speaking of Friends and Family sales, Ann Taylor LOFT is also having theirs. I am admittedly not a huge Ann Taylor LOFT fan. I love their sales but I never fall in love with their clothes the way I do with other stores. With that said, I picked up a cute yellow ruched halter style shell for under cardigans (photo is of magenta color) and blazers.

I also picked up a "beet" reddish color Dolman button sleeve sweater, which was on the sale rack. (Pictured above in gray.) With the F&F coupon you get a 40 percent off storewide discount, even on sale items.

No comments:

Post a Comment