The first of the requirements of the award is post 11 facts about myself:
2. Cold, gloomy winter is coming. What winter item or trend are you looking forward to wearing , to brighten up your days? I love wearing my UGGS. Hardly a "trend" or even fashionable for that matter, but I do love my UGGs when I run to the grocery store, the bank, etc.
3. What is your favorite all-season clothing item, that you can wear in the heat of the summer and the dead of winter? Scarves! I love wearing scarfs and wear them most of the year. During the winter though I wear them every day!
4. What trend did you say "NEVER" to, and ended up loving? Great question --- most trends I said NEVER to and then 'gave in.' Off the top of my head I would say the J. Crew Bubble Necklace. My 'never' had more to do with the outrageous price tag -- I've been somewhat lucky to score at least two (authentic) necklaces for under $60!
5. On the other end of the spectrum, what trend did you love at one time, and now you say "I can't BELIEVE I wore that!"Another great question -- I would say, ribbed turtlenecks! They did nothing for me!
6. What is the craziest thing you ever did in pursuit of an item you had to have in your closet? Visited four of the 'same' store in one day. And BTW, I am certain I did that more than once so I cannot remember the item.
7. Do you set a monthly budget for clothing purchases? How do you decide upon a number? I sure wish I did. I'm envious of those who can do that. My way of restraining myself is leaving my credit cards home for periods of time. I know when I've spent "too much" and just stop.
8. Do you have any items in your closet that have lasted 5 years or more, that you still wear consistently? If so, what are those items? Yes. I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' and those items last. Off the top of my head, I still own and use my LV speedy bag, my Burberry welly rainboots, my Frye motorcycle boots, and
9. Have you always loved fashion, or is it something that became more interesting to you as you grew older? I definitely discovered fashion in my early 30s. My 20s fashion was about comfort and being laid back.
10. What is your opinion on vanity sizing? I don't have an opinion on it, but I would like to see more consistent sizing. While stores may never make clothing sizes the same, I believe each individual store should be consistent with sizing. For example, if I wear size X at at a store in skirts, then all skirts at that store should be the same.
11. How closely do you tie self-acceptance and self-love to how you present yourself? I have become more confident in myself in my 30s and it is not a coincidence I take more risks with my outfits.
OK, now I get to choose 11 other bloggers to pass on this great award, and ask them a few questions! I am supposed to pass the award on to bloggers with less than 200 followers but some were slightly over. I am passing on the Liebster Blog Award to the following blogs, in no particular order:
Tweed and Toile
Ok, here are my 11 questions for YOU all:
2. How often do you choose your outfits based on the season? Do you break the rules?
3. What season do you love the most BECAUSE of the fashion? Explain.
4. What is your LEAST favorite trend in fashion right now?
5. What decade do you identify yourself with most, fashion-wise? 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s? None of the above?
6. What is your ideal shoe? Why?
7. What item do you continue to wear although you KNOW many consider it un-trendy, last season, etc,?
8. *(Stealing this question from Colorful Corporate) Do you have any items in your closet that have lasted several years, that you still wear? If so, what are those items?
9. If you could only shop at one store for the next three months, what store would it be?
10. To what clothing store do you give most of your money to?
11. How do you typically make your BIGGEST fashion statement? Colors? Jewelry? Shoes? Prints?
Looking forward to your answers! Thanks!